Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

A Week Full of Lunches

I often get asked about what I eat... and how much of it I eat. As far as "cheat day" is concerned, don't ask, I don't keep track of that and frankly, you don't want to know. BUT on every other day of the week, I tend to be pretty strict so I decided to write a post about a week full of my lunches. What I'm eating, WHY, and the WW points calculated for each lunch.

Since I'm working out hard, I want to be refueling my body with some good protein. I opt for natural food sources of protein rather than supplements. That's just me, I have an opinion about it, but I know many others that swear by their protein powder, so to each their own:). I also am really watching my grain intake. Grains are good for most, serve a wonderful purpose, but need to be eaten sparingly. We Americans tend to overindulge in the grain area... bread, granola, crackers, rice etc. Lastly, nothing replaces FRESH fruits and veggies of which I eat alot of, so, I shape my lunches around those principles.

It's no surprise that I'm on WW. Although I know what I need to be eating and how much of it, the whole tracking thing and points thing just really works for me. WW isn't for everyone, so FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. So with that said, I give you... a week's worth of lunches... in no particular order.

MONDAY
 1/2 c black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 T organic peanut butter
1 T roasted red pepper hummus
Handful of cucumbers
1 c of strawberries & blueberries mixed
TOTAL WW P+ : 6

TUESDAY
1 c vanilla lowfat yogurt
2 T grape nuts
1/4 c dried fruit
TOTAL WW P+ : 9

WEDNESDAY
1 piece of toasted homemade whole wheat bread
1 T roasted red pepper hummus
Cucumber slices and a handful of spinach
1 apple sliced
1 oz of sharp white cheddar cheese
TOTAL WW P+ : 6

THURSDAY
1/2 container of coconut yogurt (this stuff is GOOD and rich)
Banana
1 T organic peanut butter 
TOTAL WW P+ : 6

FRIDAY
1 apple
2 oz. lean deli turkey
1/2 red pepper
9 dry almonds
TOTAL WW P+ : 5

I normally try to separate my points out like this: heavier for breakfast, smaller for lunch and a little heavier for dinner. And I'm constantly eating between meals, an apple and banana between breakfast and lunch, cucumbers or strawberries between lunch and dinner. 

So there you have it, nothing fancy or complicated, but something very effective in keeping you full and FUELED for until your next meal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment