Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

Change Change Change...

This is officially the first post since I announced I was pregnant 14ish months ago. We'll get to what I've been doing since then, but take a second to read below.

As you can see, I have a new blog format. I switched domains from a paid one to a free one and it's   g e t t i n g   t h e r e.  I'm still figuring out all the little gadgets and widgets and whatnots that make blogger work, so bear with me for a few posts and while I update everything. Secondly, I spent about an hour and copy and pasted all of my past posts from my old domain to this blog, so if you've seen a workout you liked or an old post that you wanted to read again, they are all there. Third, while my posts transferred relatively easy, all my pictures did not. So you'll see just a broken link where a picture used to be. The truthful part is, I have no intention of fixing them, sorry.

So, 14 months ago, I was knocked up and sick, sick sick. Pregnancy is not good to me. Days are long, headaches are brutal, energy is low, and the weight packs on. This picture below is on my due date.  Rory Girl decided to join us four days late.


After a pregnancy that seemed like forever (to me), we welcomed our baby girl two days after her big brother's 2nd birthday. Another emergency c-section... another natural birth hope not fulfilled. BUT, Little Miss was so healthy that I'm moving past the guilt and failure... again. Maybe we'll save those thoughts for another post. Rory Rae melded into our lives seamlessly and I cannot believe she is six months old already. Happiest baby around and she's already doing pushups. 



So life has changed for us, but mostly... we're starting to change the way we live. While although this started out as a fitness blog, it's going to morph into just how we do life. Looking back, my husband and I have always been active people, attempting to make good health choices, both past athletes and growing up on farms. I think the entrance of littles into our lives had us beginning to start making conscious choices. Instead of taking things at face value, we now want to make sure that they're good and true before we subject our children to our choices. This has lead to alot of research (and much continuing research), alot of hard decisions and a morphing of focus. We've got some great friends, and some great resources that help us make informed decisions. What I've learned through all of this is each family needs to do what works for them. What we do and the changes we've made (and are making) are for US, no judgement on others for what they do or don't do and we just ask the same from others.

So... here's to this go around. Shattering the Box.

No comments:

Post a Comment